Sunday, June 11, 2006

Scoble is Leaving Microsoft

I realize this is all over the web, but I'm just getting it now. Robert Scoble, one of Technorati's top 100 (#26 as of this morning) bloggers, is leaving Microsoft for startup PodTech.Net, Here are a collection of links that are a valuable read.

  • Scoble's take - Link
  • Niall Kennedy's Homage
  • Chris Pirillo - Link
  • Silicon Valley Watcher Article- Link

I've been reading Scoble for over a year now, and I must say that he is truly a blogging superstar. He is the first blogger that I can think of who did a great job of balancing his insider access as working for a major software company with his general geekdom passion by writing very openly about anything in the world of technology. While no one in the blogosphere will miss out with his continued postings, and Microsoft will continue to have over 3,000 other bloggers, they have certainly lost their heavy hitter in the blogging community. Good luck Robert!

No comments: